The Obama administration today announced that it will grant deferred action to undocumented youth brought to the US as children and raised and educatd here. Keep in mind that deferred action is not permanent legal status, but it can be renewed every two years. The published requirements are:
- • Be 15-30 years old, and have entered before age 16
• Have been present in the U.S. for 5 years as of June 15, 2012
• Have maintained continuous residence
• Have not been convicted of one serious crime or multiple minor crimes
• Be currently enrolled in high school, graduated or have a GED, or have enlisted in the military
The new law might help you even if you are currently in removal proceedings.
Call us today to see whether this update can help your immigration situation. Call 617-807-0529 now to set up a consultation with an immigration attorney.
Member of AILA, American Immigration Lawyers Association